Tuesday, July 3, 2012

And the trip begins...

This Dame is packed for General Convention, and enjoying morning tea on the back deck before loading the car and hitting the road. Peggy Lee (Rev. Margaret) will be joining me for the ride to Indy and my guess is that we'll be there by 3 p.m. Eastern.

My son (today, personal bellboy) has already commented, "That's a lot of luggage."  Mea culpa. But among the benefits of driving is taking what you want/need instead of being held captive to airline restrictions, so for that I am grateful. My baggage includes a printer and paper reams for the use of the deputation. And many, many power strips, adaptors, multiple plug outlets and lengthy power cords.

Arriving today, beside myself and Peggy, are Anne Fulton and Bev Everett. Tomorrow we will be joined by Bob L'Homme, Tom Stone, Jim Clement, and Charlie Ziemer of the deputation, along with John and Maryfran Crist, friends of Quincy. Paula Engelhorn, Karin Johnson, Rachel DeJesus, attending the ECW Triennial, join us on the 5th. Rachel's little daughter Josie, will be with us as well participating in children/youth activities at GC. And although I've been to GC before, this will be my first time serving on a legislative committee. So Quincy will be both well-represented and fully engaged at GC, with joy.

And that hasn't happened in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment